Friday, May 28, 2010


'Pac Man', that's the name of the variety of broccoli growing in our garden. So, all that activity on Mother's Day is paying off. The garden is growing and thriving except for the eggplant. Ugh! I should consider myself fortunate as the bugs have not chosen to infest any of the other plants--so the eggplants are the sacrificial plants--well, two survived. I moved them down and into the row of parsley. I think I remember hearing that parsley was a natural insect repellent.
Lets see, there are 4 or 5 varieties of tomatoes, bell peppers, watermelon, muskmelon, bush beans, broccoli, red cabbage, okra, blue potatoes, 2 varieties of basil, parsley, yellow squash, zucchini squash, 5 varieties of sunflowers, cucumbers and 2 badly defoliated eggplant plants. I have yet to plant the zinnias. It's supposed to rain this weekend, maybe I'll have enough time to get out and scatter their seeds so we may enjoy fresh bouquets all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment